The Local Offer
What is the Local Offer?
A local offer gives children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities and their families information about what support services are available in their area.
The name the 'local offer' is a term from the national government. In Kent, the local offer is called the 'SEND Information Hub'.
The SEND Information Hub talk with children, young people and their families to find out what support and services they need.
Every local authority must:
- have an online local offer, and make sure alternative versions are available
- tell children, young people and families about the local offer
- talk with children, young people and families to find out what support they're looking for
- find services and activities in their area to support ages 0 to 25 years
- find services to support young people towards their independence to adulthood
- include transport services available and whether there are any charges.
To find out more about the Local Offer in Kent, please visit: