Events, Workshops & Training for Parents & Carers
On this page you will find information about forthcoming workshops and training sessions for parents and carers.
If your child is struggling to sleep it can be exhausting for them and the whole family.
This two hour workshop, led by our Sleep Scotland Sleep Counsellor and Specialist Teacher will take you through the importance of sleep for health, the various issues that can impact a child or young person’s sleep and equip you with tools and techniques to create routine and improve sleep hygiene.
Please find below, the dates for parental sleep workshops in 2024. While the sessions are primarily targeted at an education phase, if you find that the date for your child's age range isn't convenient, you are welcome to book on to a date that suits you.
|Thursday, 18th January 2024||9:30-11:30am||Early Years & Nursery|
|Monday, 11th March 2024||9:30-11:30am||Primary|
|Monday, 17th June 2024||9:30-11:30am||Secondary|
TISS Centre, Laleham Gap School, Ozengell Place, Ramsgate CT12 6FH
There is on-site parking available, including a limited number disabled parking bays.
Disabled access and toilet facilities.
This is an adult only workshop, please ensure that childcare is arranged once your place is confirmed.
Your child should be between aged three years and the end of compulsory education age.
Only Thanet families and those who’s children are educated in Thanet are eligible to apply for this workshop.
For those living outside of Thanet, please speak to your child’s school SENCo to see if any workshops are available in your area.
- Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Due to the limited number of places, one place is available per family to enable us to help as many families as possible. However, if for reasons of disability or communication & language support, you need a friend or relative to attend with you, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
- You will be contacted by email to let you know whether you have secured a place on the workshop or if you have been unsuccessful (we are unable to hold waiting lists)
- To avoid disappointment, please do not attend the workshop if you have not received an email to confirm your place.
- Workshops will be advertised with SENCos to share with interested families in their schools. We will also advertise sleep workshops on this page and you are welcome to apply as soon as applications open.
Apply for a Place
Click on 'apply here' to launch our online application form. Once your application is submitted, a confirmation screen will appear. We will contact you on the email address supplied to confirm your place.
Please contact us or call 01843 572733 if your contact details change or your no longer wish to attend the workshop.
Barnardo's Cygnet Programme
The Barnardo’s Cygnet Programme is administered by the Early Help Service and is open to Kent families with a child/young person of compulsory school age (age 4/5 years to 18 years) who have a formal diagnosis of Autism. Attending Cygnet gives parents and carers an opportunity to develop their understanding of Autism and looks at practical solutions to support their child.
Cygnet also provides the opportunity to meet other people in a similar position and hear about their experiences in an informal but supporting atmosphere.
For more information to be referred, please speak to your child’s school SENCo, Early Help Worker (if applicable), Social Worker (if applicable) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Laleham Gap does not accept liability for services delivered or events hosted by third party organisations.