The Thanet Inclusion Support Service (TISS) include Specialist Teachers and Outreach from Special Schools. TISS provides advice and training to support settings and schools in improving the outcomes for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. TISS is responsive and flexible to local needs through the opportunities for discussion and the decision making at the Local Inclusion Forum Team meetings (LIFT).
Our vision is to:
- raise standards
- close attainment gaps and improve children’s progress
- prevent exclusion
- build Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) capacity in Early Years (EY) settings and schools
- reduce the need for statutory assessment and Education, Health and Care Plans
Ensure full access to learning for all the children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in our EY settings and schools
Services to Children in Early Years
TISS support for children with SEND within this age range is carried out through visits to Day Nurseries and Pre-school provisions. Referrals are received via the EY Local Inclusion Forum Team (LIFT) Meeting .
Requests for intervention are made via the EY LIFT Meetings that are held every two weeks. Each setting has been allocated to an EY LIFT group which meets termly. The EY LIFT will allocate appropriate support.
TISS Services to Schools
The main route for schools to access SEND support is the District LIFT meetings. Support at the LIFT meeting is provided by a range of professionals.
Schools are required to attend the LIFT meetings to discuss a range of support, including schools supporting each other and sharing good practice.
TISS provide a consistent and equitable core training offer to pre-school settings and schools covering:
- support and advice around individual children and young people
- training packages that arise from LIFT
- STLS core training offer (DOC, 87.5 KB) to support the universal level
- training Courses at the Targeted or Personalised level
- bespoke training for low incidence SEND
- training provided with national framework.
For Further information and referral forms please visit the TISS page on the KELSI website.